Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone could give a quick guide on how they removed the front grill. I have the chrome front grill coming in to replace my stock one so i need to do that in a couple weeks.
I went on kia tech info and saw a guide on replacement of many other things including the front bumper but nothing on the grill.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
I believe the Rio has the grill attached to the bumper like on the Forte. Will be easier to pop off the whole bumper to get to the screws holding the grill to it. I haven't seen any pics yet showing how to detach the bumper for the Rio.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Unless you can get to the back of the grille by removing the underside cover and reaching up, the bumper cover's gotta come off it seems.... see the pdf.

Attachments

• Image uploading. Refresh page to view
    184.3 KB Views: 477

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
Thanks for finding the PDF Daddy-O. It looks pretty easy and might be best to get some extra clips in case any break.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
Are all of the clips the same size?

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
Perfect time to upgrade the horn. Will be soo much easier with direct access to the mounting locations and wiring. I was going to pop off the front clip to replace just the horn.

·
Registered
Kia Rio YB . GT-line 2018
213 Posts
Are all of the clips the same size?
the pickture is for the top clips the clips on the botom have a litle screw
you have to turn them out a litle an then pul the centre out
the size is the same
the top clips are from a hard plastic the botom ones are much more flexible

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just don't understand why you have to remove that whole front end to unclip the grill lol.... can you seriously not just pop off the grill after taking off the grill cover ? lol

I don't have any trim tools so there is no way i could get off all those clips without snapping some and I don't have a ramp so getting all those steps done under the car wouldn't be easy. Guess I might be paying someone to do it.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
if you want to upgrade the horn but do want to remove the bumper, you can take out the compleet right headlight so youcan reach the wiring the horn bolts/nuts you can losen or tighten tru the grill
Yes, absolutely. There are some great threads on this.

This is the one car I need to be available at a moments notice so I've learned to choreograph my repairs/upgrades so I don't have to leave a car down for any length of time. I'd hate to get the bumper off and discover its the perfect time to do the horn and say: "Now lets go look for horn parts" and wait a week with the car down. Not good for me.

So I'm searching for a good 10 amp horn.

Besides, I'm taking the cover off only once. Those clips are expensive to replace!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
i just don't understand why you have to remove that whole front end to unclip the grill lol.... can you seriously not just pop off the grill after taking off the grill cover ? lol

I don't have any trim tools so there is no way i could get off all those clips without snapping some and I don't have a ramp so getting all those steps done under the car wouldn't be easy. Guess I might be paying someone to do it.
I worked on the front grill briefly and if you carefully use a screw driver on the clips they should be ok.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts