Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anybody know how to remove fuel sender in Carnival/Sedona year 2000 TDI/MK1.

I enclose the picture

Thank you all. looking forward to any advise.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Banned
465 Posts
Hi all,

Does anybody know how to remove fuel sender in Carnival/Sedona year 2000 TDI/MK1.

I enclose the picture

Thank you all. looking forward to any advise.

Cheers!
Looking at it I would assume that after the pipes and wires are removed it then needs to be unscrewed to allow the inner part of the sender to be released.

·
Registered
2001 Kia Carnival 2.5L manual & 2000 Carnival Auto
320 Posts
Early model carnival fuel pump and sender remove

this appears to be an early model 99-2000 carnival fuel pump, located on floor between middle seats.
you need to get tyre lever or such and twist the plastic cap off. Like unscrewing a jam lid. Gently work way around, Lever against the side lugs and floor opening edges. Anticlockwise. Remove, and then pry metal lid upwards.Has a rubber band type gasket around that lip, like a seal able plug....
This fuel pump only has the primary screen , later versions eliminated the screw cap in favour of gasket/bolts type lid. And they beefed up the primary internal filter component.

The age of all these pumps, most are a corroded mess. Be careful not to rotate lid/body of pump, you will break the fuel sender arm and screen as contacts edge of inside tank. Flush crap out of fuel lines and tank as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts