Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments, advice or experience with getting a Remote Starter or a Remote Starter with an alarm?

I'm happy with the Sorento alarm and my main aim is to get a remote starter. I'm wondering what differences or options I may get or miss out on if I add an alarm to the install?

I'm leaning towards a remote starter. I'm looking at getting the Viper 5501 with the DB-ALL bypass module and thinking of adding a SmartStart as well, the one with the GPS, the VSM250.

I know I'll miss out on things like window breaking or bumping but I figure it will have come and gone by the time I get back to the vehicle. Plus, with the smart start, I'll be able to track/tell where the car is, if it is stolen. I don't really like the loud siren and like the small beeps when locking and unlocking the car.

I don't know what features are only available with an added alarm on top of a remote start. Trying to find that out now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
I have one on mine always had remote start, the smart start module was a little pricey but will get it at some point, just not at the top of the priority list.

I have some small grips about the push button smart key and remote start setup but nothing major so far.

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,006 Posts
cheers i have the 5501.. works great lots of features

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it's done. Went with a remote starter only. This is my first cart with a remote starter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts