Kia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX V6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this forum, anyways I'm hoping to find out if there are any remote starts out there for a 2017 Sorento with heated seats and Steering wheel at start, I have a Sorento SX 2017 would like to know, thank you and appreciate the answers

· Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0 tGDI AWD
295 Posts
i havn't heard of anything like that. thought it would be great. especially with winter around the corner.

One thing to keep in mind is that the heated seats can burn out without something for the heat to be transfered into (IE, you...).

It states in the manual to turn the heated seats off before exiting the vehicle.

Reactions: asbiugyy

· Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX V6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i havn't heard of anything like that. thought it would be great. especially with winter around the corner.

One thing to keep in mind is that the heated seats can burn out without something for the heat to be transfered into (IE, you...).

It states in the manual to turn the heated seats off before exiting the vehicle.
Oh I see thank you for the heads up, I go out at night time usually its freezing cold waiting for the car to warm up and all so it would be nice if there is something I could use to remotely turn on the car,steering and heated seats before getting into the car

· Registered
2015 Sorento SX AWD
2,097 Posts
I don't find the seat or steering heat take that long to feel the warmth. Some OEM's have a timer on them as well to turn off. I am not sure as I turn mine off once I very warm. It gets way too hot on high if left.

· Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
420 Posts
On my Rio, the heated seats would turn on automatically when i turned on the car, if it was below a certain temperature. Not sure yet if my Sorento does that, and not sure if remotely starting triggers that logic. I start my sorento from the phone app, it works well, but i find it crazy that you can't set the rear defrost to turn on as well....

· Registered
2015 Sorento SX AWD
2,097 Posts
Yeah, when it snows. You have clean the entire hood and roof as well. Still work to do. Some don't and should be fined !!!

· Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX V6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't find the seat or steering heat take that long to feel the warmth. Some OEM's have a timer on them as well to turn off. I am not sure as I turn mine off once I very warm. It gets way too hot on high if left.
mine does get very hot but I do go to the gym at nighttime and I'm too lazy to change so I wear shorts and a jacket every time I turn on my car gotta wait a while til it gets warm, just felt like it's better to have the remote start up with it heated already

· Registered
2015 Sorento SX AWD
2,097 Posts
I got to got out anyway. Thats an expensive remote start. Likely $500 or more here. LOL
No Way

That sort of option needs to be be factory built in for piece of mind. People run into problems with malfunctions and the first thing they're told to do is eliminate the aftermarket remote start. So it get ripped out whether needed or not.

· Registered
2016 sorento ex v6 awd wisconsin
199 Posts
Had mine for 3 years and no problems. Dealer wanted $700 to 800 to install factory unit. I paid just under $300 and about 5 to 10 minutes to install. If you want longer range or 2 way remote obviously more money. Just used this morning, 10 degrees outside and coolant temp gauge was almost to operating temp. No wait at all for heat. Also heated seats are great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.