Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I had a Kia remote start put in my wife's 2011 Kia Sportage. Sometimes the alarm will go off when the car is locked via the lock/unlock button on the driver's door and then unlocked via the remote start FOB. There may be other steps that set it off, but locking with the door button and unlocking using the FOB I know happened at least once. The alarm going off problem has happened several times, but I'm not there most of the time, so I'm only posting the steps I know happened. I've taken it in to the dealership and they have been unable to reproduce the problem. Ok, it is an intermittent issue, I understand that. But what they are telling me is that it is expected behavior for the alarm to go off if the car is locked by the door and unlocked with the remote start FOB. I simply cannot believe this. I would be really disappointed in Kia if their QA just called this "expected behavior".

So, my question is this: If you are a Kia tech who has experience with installing the remote starts (2011 Sportage has a different remote starter kit from 2012 and on), can you tell me if this is expected behavior?

If you own a 2011 Kia Sportage or other model Kia that uses a 3W056 ADU00 remote start, have you had this problem? Have you not had this problem?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
You are not still using the factory keyless entry transmitters correct? Your only using the remote start transmitters. Correct?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct the only FOB being used it the remote start FOB.

I should also add that when the problem happens the unlock button on the remote start FOB will ONLY unlock the driver's door regardless of how many times I press it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more info

Last night I decided to take a flashlight and see what I could see under the dash looking for anything out of place. I found that the blue/black wire coming off of the I/P-D Connector had been crimped by what looks like needle nose pliers (see attached photo). According to the remote start install manual this is the "Lock Output Connection". Think this could cause the problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update

Just an update to this. The dealership fixed the wire and the problem is still happening. Also, the alarm did its thing using only the (remote start) FOB... not the door switch and certainly not the old FOB.

I would be really curious to know whether anyone else has seen these sorts of issues on the 2011 Sportage remote start (P/N: 3W056 ADU00)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts