Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Late 2006 Sedona
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOB light comes on like it is transmitting, but the car does nothing.
I've tried different batteries. They are all at 3 volts.

Problem was intermittent, but now the car does nothing when I press the buttons.
I think unlock stopped working first. Then lock went after that.

Maybe I can find the remote receiver and look at it?
Any one know where it is? In the glove-box?

THIS MIGHT BE UNRELATED:
What is interesting is I cannot unlock the front right door (passenger's) with the key, is this normal?
I can only lock it with the key. I can see the inside lock lever move but cannot unlock it with the key or using the inside lever to help.

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
351 Posts
Hi Jimmy154

I think you do infact have two seperate issues,

In regards to the Pass door it sounds like a visual inspection is needed, if the mechanical parts are in place I would suspect the door mech is faulty as the inside and exterior lock operate the lock mechanicaly. I can confirm tha the exterior lock does lock/unlock the door, but it only operatesa that door not as a master as is the case of the driver lock.

The key fob is an issue that I and others have had before, read this
https://www.kia-forums.com/kia-carnival-sedona-2006/133482-keyless-entry-remote-stopper-working-how.html

Brian

·
Registered
Late 2006 Sedona
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

You have to start the car and drive it a little I guess or at least start it before the remote will work.
My lock/unlock (and a lot on the panic) seem to have a little copper oxide on them (or something green).

Soldered the switches too, but I think it was resoldering the chip that helped; I used some flux.
Kind of helps if you have soldering experience on those tiny solder joints. I also used a large flat tip; don't do that.
Also don't get the chip too hot.
I had to desolder the battery holder with a desoldering wick wire before I could get to the chip, but try to use a small tip, you can easily break the battery holder connections desoldering them and moving the battery holder.

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
351 Posts
I replaced the switches first, but that made no differance, looking back I realized it was the chip joints as the LED would light up but no activity from the locks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts