Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when we bought our 02 Sporatge the other day, it didnt come with remote entry key fobs, it does have power locks/windows.

anyone know how much these things cost?

also, when you lock the doors it honks. is it supposed to do this?
another newbie question :)

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
67 Posts
from what i've found out, some of the models that came with auto doorlocks and windows do not have a keyless entry system. the honking is your alarm setting itself when you lock the door.

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
67 Posts
least that's what it is on mine lol... try this... go in, open your window, and go back out and lock the door to make it beep. Now that the window's open, reach in there and pull the doorlock. you'll know if the alarm is there :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought an 02 Sportage recently too. Mine has remote keyless entry and alarm, but the person that traded it in failed to turn in the keychain fob. I went to the Kia dealership to get a price on a replacement. They were $45 to replace the keychain, plus $45 labor to have them program it. I passed for now because I don't have a spare $90.

The alarm drives me crazy. I didn't know I had it at first, but it keeps going off when I lock the doors totally randomly. I think I will get the remote access soon, especially if it lets me control the alarm better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts