Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really looking hard at the sx model but wonder about the reliability and if they got the left pull fixed. I do see the wastegate fix/problems and hope that both have been fixed with the 12'.

How is the leather and overall condition of the car held up? I assume that some of the 11 owners have 35k-40k (I've seen some on here and the optmiaforums)

I'm really between opmtia and accord/ sonata (same care I know)

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX, Tech & Premium Touring
570 Posts
No issues with my 11, 22k miles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
my 2012 SX developed a left pull during acceleration after 7000 miles. Had the alignment checked, tires checked. Just all of a sudden decided it wanted to have excessive torque steer.....everyone whos checked it says its normal. But I know its not normal, because if when i test drove the car it had this amount of torque steer during acceleration, I wouldnt have bought it.

I'd be surprised if I have this car in another 6 months.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,063 Posts
Zero problems with my '12 after 6 months.................

·
Registered
2017 sportage sx
448 Posts
Interesting but your idea is correct. Under warranty, I have dealer scan for torque converter lock up or differential function. It's not your suspension unless you kinked a tie rod.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Had my 2011 for about a year and a half now. No big issues but I think the brakes are a little soft. The dealer checked them out and said they were fine. Might just be this car because I don't think anyone else has said anything about a soft brake pedal on this site. I seem to recall that Motor Week said something about a soft brake pedal on the Sonata they tested a while back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts