Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replacement Battery specification

I have been using my Kia Sorento for the last 2 years overall my experience has been good except for a few small incidents. Last week the battery died and I took it to a near by reputed garage to fix the battery. they checked and told me they dont have the specific "80AH" battery in stock and took note of battery specification to order and asked me to return next day.

Can someone tell me are there any specific standards for replacing the battery, I checked the manual and found nothing about the replacement battery specs?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
it would help if you could fill out your location and details of your Sorento (year, engine, transmission) as specs could be different depending on the country, year and engine size.

Generally batteries are purchased on amperage and size, as well at connection location. You can get a higher amperage than the original if you wish.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
He's from Qatar, a small island just east of Saudi Arabia..
An 80AH battery sounds right and as long as the outside physical dimensions and battery post layouts are the same you will be fine with 80AH or higher.
Dave

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
He's from Qatar, a small island just east of Saudi Arabia..
An 80AH battery sounds right and as long as the outside physical dimensions and battery post layouts are the same you will be fine with 80AH or higher.
Dave
I believe his problem is that the specified 80AH battery is not available.

You can go with a 90AH battery which has the same dimensions. Just make sure the terminals are on the correct side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts