Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my friendly tyre fitter while getting my tyres swapped and tracking sorted on my new Sedona, he was surprised to see that the tyres weren't reinforced especially with the total weight of this vehicle being 2700kg fully laden.

VW Sharon/Ford Galaxy/Seat Alahambra all wear reinforced tyres.

He suggested it might be better getting reinforced tyres fitted when these wear out as I'd get better mileage from them and the sidewalls would be stiffer so could help improve the handling.

Has anyone had reinforced tyres fitted and if so do they improve things?

Any good recommendations for replacement tyres would be good too.

My favourite on my van are the Michelin Agilis (but boy do they cost) next best are the Continental Vanco's

I've already noticed a big difference between swapping the cheap Wan Li tyres (which someone had put on as a replacement) for the original Hankooks off the back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the manual for the weight class on your tires. My 2003 Sedona is 98. Good Year has one that is rated as 98(black wall), but most tire stores want to get you the 97 (white wall). The 98 rating is hard to find without spending a lot, except the Good Year and those are going for about $80 a tire in Maryland.

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Pepper, so whats the difference between a standard load index tyre and a reinforced load index tyre? Just looked at a Galaxy in the car park at work and that has some Dunlops with 95H (reinforced) written on the tyre wall. My Sedona has 96H load index.

Must say the Galaxy tyres don't "Bulge" like the Sedonas.

So who's going to stick some reinforced tyres on then to see how they handle? :)

Tyres here T'internet Tyre Supplier and they will arrange for them to be sent to one of there approved local to you fitters. But make sure you order the correct tyre, as they are supplied to order.

Simon

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be Honest I'm not sure, my tyres are almost on the way out so will be looking around over the next month or so to see what's available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts