Kia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
595 Posts
Probably an aged-related thing . . . but I prefer to be seen by the idiots behind me rather than look cool!
I like the smoked looked (if it's done right!) but most of the time the lights are too dim in daylight and are therefore pointless.
Give me the bright, easily seen lights and I'll be happier :)

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
Definitely not tinted. Let them see those new lights after you spend the money on it. Those black ones only look good on white when they are off.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage LX 2012
51 Posts
The Sportage stock lights are fair enough. I'd rather change the bulbs into LED ones than getting it tinted.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
Probably an aged-related thing . . . but I prefer to be seen by the idiots behind me rather than look cool!
I like the smoked looked (if it's done right!) but most of the time the lights are too dim in daylight and are therefore pointless.
Give me the bright, easily seen lights and I'll be happier :)
+1

I'm right there with you, I don't understand why some people want to dim their lights, especially their head lights. Isn't the whole point of lights is to see and to be seen?

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
+1

I'm right there with you, I don't understand why some people want to dim their lights, especially their head lights. Isn't the whole point of lights is to see and to be seen?
+1.

I kind like bright Reverse lights so I can see when I am backing out, but hey whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
well IMO tinted looks nice on light/bright colored vehicles..
dark colored ones should stay in red or tint it red.. this will be a nice color contrast.. dont you guys agree? lamin-x.com has those stuff pre-cut.. they have configurator too
but some things to consider, if you dont have bright tail lights like all the sx-trims it might be risky in daytime specially if the sun is directed to your rear.... and with people that have bad eyesight and seniors specially..

on the other hand, if you want bright reverse lights, try the 5630 leds for reverse
(5630 leds are designed by samsung and the brightest by far), eeven turn signals..
or after putting/installing the overlay tint, you can use the slim exacto blade to trim just where the reverse lenses are, and the turn signals..
sample in mine is this.

Attachments

·
Registered
KIA Sportage
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice one kobi... never thought u did ur rear side too... did u mod the stock tail light? never seen sorento's tail light like that before

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
nice one kobi... never thought u did ur rear side too... did u mod the stock tail light? never seen sorento's tail light like that before
really? its the SX trim...
you should have seen these tail lights before..
and i also upgraded all lighting to leds except the headlights...

my thread in the headlight retrofit..
http://www.kia-forums.com/2011-xm-sorento-forum/79974-dual-bi-xenon-projectors-led-halos.html

my link to hid planet, with some projects done.. so proud of it.. ;)
2012 kia sorento sx/2005 honda cbr600rr/2005 honda civic dx retrofit projects

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Awesome light mod! How I wish I have the same modding skills like yours.
thanks.. you will learn a lot from hid planet as i did... im a first timer :p just have patience...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
oh yeah.. lol.. you will not be the first one to ask favors lol..

anyway.. for this thread, IMO tint them if your vehicle is at the lighter color contrast, leave them red if yours is at the darker contrast, and preferably if you have brighter led tails..
dont do the charcoal tint, just light smoke or dark smoke.. the tails on my sx is blinding btw when i hit the brakes... lots are mad at the drive-thru

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
LOL @ purple headlights

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
LOL @ purple headlights
sorry to revive some old thread...
did you see the lights on the wall on first page? does it seem purple? lol
the picture is taken just at the cut-off... if you have seen land rovers, Lexus mercedes, and bmw they look purple from far away (prism effect of the lenses) those are real HID projectors... Mine are retrofitted (the current ones i have on my sig right now are from Lexus RX350) same with my car, pic below is for reference where that purple is coming from.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
here they are on Daytime Running lights on
headlights retro, fog light with Hella micro de and Osram and philips DRL

sorento

Forte koup

night time shots if everything is on. but i dont turn on fog lights unless needed though.

kia forte koup sx

kia sorento sx

anyway back to topic, hopefully op has figured out to tint or not
cheers fellow kia Family.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Cool. None of my cars with factory HIDs had purple going on.

Good luck against the Autobots.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts