Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my red picanto 1.1LX today. Sorry to see my little Micra go but it was a bit dated. So far only driven it home from the garage, but very pleased with it. The red is stunning. Just wish it was summertime as I'm sure it will look great in the sunshine. Hopefully give it a good run tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
hope you enjoy your new little car as much as we have !

we also have a shiney red 1.1 lx , its now 8 weeks old and nearly 2000 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by maggie@Oct 29 2004, 04:35 PM
I picked up my red picanto 1.1LX today. Sorry to see my little Micra go but it was a bit dated. So far only driven it home from the garage, but very pleased with it. The red is stunning. Just wish it was summertime as I'm sure it will look great in the sunshine. Hopefully give it a good run tomorrow. :D

Hi Maggie, i've just joined this site. I too have a Micra Auto which I'm considering changing nest year for a Picanto. I've had the Micra for ten years from new, but as you say, it's a bit dated. Would lke to hear how you get on with Picanto. I'd be looking for the auto model. Did you buy from a maim dealer?

·
Registered
32 Posts
How strange, my old car was also a Micra. However I went for a Black SE as opposed to red as my wife doesn't like red cars and I like black.

Cheers
PicantoSE

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you go for an auto or manual Maggie? Ours is a manual but we were also quite impressed when we had a go in the auto!

We have done 2000 miles now and the brakes have stopped sqeaking at last. Did many of you have this problem?

Over all we're really pleased with it, Hubbys sister got a new micra at the same time as we got our picanto but we think we got the better deal!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by hansi@Oct 31 2004, 10:15 PM
Hi Maggie, i've just joined this site. I too have a Micra Auto which I'm considering changing nest year for a Picanto. I've had the Micra for ten years from new, but as you say, it's a bit dated. Would lke to hear how you get on with Picanto. I'd be looking for the auto model. Did you buy from a maim dealer?

I did buy mine from a main dealer. Took it for a good run on Sunday and was very pleased with it. I was a bit worried that this was a 12 v engine compared to 16v on the Micra, but you can't feel any difference and it was quite nippy on the motorway. No squeeky brakes like some have mentioned. Very comfortable ride. My Micra was a twister and had a lot of extras on it. The only thing thats missing on the Picanto in comparison are the parking censors and maybe the leather stearing wheel is not quite as sporty as the Micra. So far I am very pleased with it. It has a much more modern look to it. The boot is a lot smaller but you gain more space for rear passengers and also the seats are 60-40 which is handy. If it lasts as long as your Micra I will be more than pleased.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't seen a red one yet, I think the blue looks nice but we went for black, partly because it looks more sporty to us, probably because black has a slightly higher regard when it comes to sell and because we like the orange interior.

Cheers
PicantoSE

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,

We have the red 1.1 EX(SE for Europe) and the interior is also orange. In TR we have grey interior for blacks. I think that black color is more suitable for big sedans(MB, BMW, or long americans), and pastel colors for small cuties... Another thing is the dirt on the dark colors, my father's car is dark blue that you can wash the dust in every 15 minutes. He'll sell his car just because of the color and buy a grey one....

CU

·
Registered
Kia Picanto, Nissan Patrol, Renault Laguna
26 Posts
Hello from Catalunya!!!

In Spain are two versions. LX and EX. What's the SE characteristics?
I have done 4000 km in four montsh and the brakes have stopped sqeaking
last days

·
Registered
112 Posts
In the Philippines, we only have the LX models at the moment. It's just the bare essentials though, no ABS or airbags. Power steering though.

I wonder what kind of modifications we can do to this thing like what they do in other Kia models in streetkiaz.com?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts