Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia has graciously provided two recovery points front and rear, however they look like the're made from mild steel when compared to recovery points on similar sized 4WDs (particularly Toyota). While equaliser straps can share the load they still dont look very strong.
My local 4WD club has recently altered their opinion on snatch straps to be a "tool of last resort" due to problems with manufacturer recovery points

Does ayone know whether the Sorento recovery points have a load rating, or has anyone had any problems with them?

doin it in the sand,

Beachboy

;)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Crikey, using kinetic ropes on a std point!
NOOOOOOO!!!!
Not really designed for that sort of recovery, offically titled tie down hooks, they are ok for std short rolling tows.. but nothing else!

Get some Jate rings fitted.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Beachboy

If you get your Sorento stuck in mud or sand you should never use only one point to pull it out. The right way to do it is to create a triangle using a short strap hooked to two points and then another strap hooked to the top of the triangle and to the pulling vehicle or to a winch.

Using only one point may cause damage to the chassis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, my Sorento has been impaled on a number of roacks, obstacles, etc.. and I have snatched, jerked, yanked both front and rear and haven't lost one yet. The front ones are particularly beefy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts