Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had an oil change at my Kia Dealer and they used Shell helix 10w40 semi synthetic oil. This has a classification of ACEA B3, my Sorento xs CRDi Auto handbook recommends ACEA B4 or above. Should I be concerned. Will this affect the engine adversly,and what about the warranty! Any comments please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I only use mobil one full synthetic in mine.I use it in all my cars and trucks.It is a little pricey but the protection and benefits it offers far outway the cost.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the information, still a bit confused even after looking at the web site you recomended.

Just checked my oil and guess what! The dealer has overfilled the engine with a Litre of oil. Been under the vehicle and drained it out. Oh what joy.

·
Banned
417 Posts
My advice is to start changing your own oil and filter. It's really not a big job you just jackup front of the Sorento "use jackstands for safety" remove both the metal and non-metal small skid plates that cover drain plug and oil filter I know it's a bummer but it's not that big of a job. From under the covers remove filter and drain plug drain oil and replace filter "I use the Kia OEM filter bought at Kia dealer. I also use Mobil 1 5/30 weight oil. I have had other auto dealer service Depts. over fill my autos and trucks and do a real bad of cleaning used oil from undersides causing a nasty mess on driveway and garage floor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer also uses the Helix 10 40 in my Sorento. I am considering using Helix fully synthetic at the next service

1 - 6 of 6 Posts