Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoo hoo! A recall! Not really:

"KIA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2009 BORREGO VEHICLES, MANUFACTURED FROM MAY 2, 2008, THROUGH JANUARY 20, 2009, EQUIPPED WITH NON-ADJUSTABLE BRAKE PEDALS. CERTAIN PEDAL MOUNTS MAY HAVE A FIBERGLASS COMPOSITION THAT ALLOWS THEM TO BREAK OFF IN A COLLISION WHERE THE IMPACT HAS NOT IMMOBILIZED THE VEHICLE, WHICH WOULD THEN ALLOW THE VEHICLE TO ROLL."

Link: Recall Results | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

I hope no one here has had this issue/heard of anyone having this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have also heard about the same thing, they have announced a voluntary recall of design years 2006 through 2008 of the Kia Rio. The recall relates to front passenger-side air bags that can neglect to deploy in a crash because of a malfunctioning sensor. The result is that a child passenger can be hit by the deploying air bag and possibly be hurt. Aw. If you may want to buy a car second hand, you should check to be certain airbags still work. :D:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 09 goes in Thursday to be fixed,42,454 and love it. Told them need to bring them back. Put new Michelin lat-tour on so far so good ,still a little bumpeee.

·
Registered
293 Posts
My 09 goes in Thursday to be fixed,42,454 and love it. Told them need to bring them back. Put new Michelin lat-tour on so far so good ,still a little bumpeee.
I am just over 40k miles myself. I put michelin lat tours on 20k miles ago. It resolved my harsh ride issues. My build date is within the recall notice, but I have yet to receive anything from Kia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
edwelly
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing