Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought new wipers for my 2011 sorento today, the fronts were ok to replace. The back one was not easy at all, I was around the wiper arm for 5 minutes and just let it before i broke it. Anyone replaced the rear wiper? Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
576 Posts
Bought new wipers for my 2011 sorento today, the fronts were ok to replace. The back one was not easy at all, I was around the wiper arm for 5 minutes and just let it before i broke it. Anyone replaced the rear wiper? Please let me know. Thanks
The premise would be you're changing into winter wiper blades right?

Well, if you didn't notice the rear wiper is different from the front stock wiper, meaning it doesn't have a moving "V" assembly to aid the blade from wiping the window surface. In short, its kinda like a winter wiper blade already - so why bother changing it?

And I don't know if they sell aftermarket wipers that short (what is it 8" or 9"?)

I already changed my front wipers into hybrid teflon ones last week.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX AWD V6 Limited/Panoramic
422 Posts
I replaced the back one once on mine a few weeks ago. I used a stock Kia wiper though. It didn't seem too hard. It is kind if different, though, so I doubt an aftermarket blade will work.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear is OEM kia wiper, I just can figure it out how to remove it.

I replaced the back one once on mine a few weeks ago. I used a stock Kia wiper though. It didn't seem too hard. It is kind if different, though, so I doubt an aftermarket blade will work.

·
Registered
Sorento Lx 2011 2 wd V-6
283 Posts
I already changed my front wipers into hybrid teflon ones last week.
I have to change mines , do you mind to tell which brand you choose ?
Are they good for year around , specially winter ...I live in Quebec.

And the price you paid ;)

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
I've tried the Michelin wipers but nothing compares to the quality and visibility you get with PIAA wipers which will be going on my Sorento in the upcoming month prior to winter hitting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts