Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
KIA SORENTO XE 2004, 2.5 DIESEL
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem n/s/r with my abs light was on dash so replaced and now ok.
But now since putting my battery lead back on my rear wiper keeps running even with it in off position on steering column?
Had to remove fuse to stop it.
Does it need resetting thru computer, or does it mean a new motor which is £234 ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have read the Forum just and some say it goes thru the ECU and some say it doesn't. I have tried removing battery lead and replacing..still no go and also removed fuse in engine compartment, no go, then the fuse in the footwell still no go, so its either computer needs resetting/remove fault or new motor and as I say @ £234 for a 15 yr old car that I have just spent loads on, its a no no, I will just remove the fuse or connector to the controller in the rear door.

·
Registered
2008 SORENTO EX
74 Posts
Sorry, not sure how much help we can be from the states as the wiring maybe different over the pond. But the wiper motor is not controlled by the ECU, but it probably monitored/controlled by the BCM...Body Control Module, which is a separate computer that controls 'functions' on the 'body'.

But you say you pulled the fuses and it still comes on?...that makes no sense, if you remove the source of power from the wiper motor, then it should stop...unless it has a short to power somewhere in between the fuse and motor. If possible, I think you need to start with a wiring diagram and see how power is fed/controlled to the wiper motor and see what connections/junctions there are to the wiper motor. If you pull the right fuse or relay and the motor doesn't go off, I would check the connector at the motor it self to see if it has 12v power at all times. If so, I would trace it back to see if there is a power short somewhere. If the motor was 'bad', I wouldn't think it would run.

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,788 Posts
Wiring principles are pretty much common between territories for the basics. There is a controller box inside the rear hatch. The fuse marked 'rear wiper' actually is a control fuse protecting the control circuits of several different relays. So a power relay or controller could be stuck 'closed' even with the control circuit fuse removed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiring principles are pretty much common between territories for the basics. There is a controller box inside the rear hatch. The fuse marked 'rear wiper' actually is a control fuse protecting the control circuits of several different relays. So a power relay or controller could be stuck 'closed' even with the control circuit fuse removed.
434, member: 46535"]
[/QUOTE]
Sorry, will start again...wiper off when ignition is off...so great to that point.
Switch ignition on with wiper control in off position, the wiper is operated.
Found 2 fuses one in engine compartment, other in footwell, either pulled will stop the wiper running.
Now I have a wiring diagram showing the wiring goes thru the ECU.
But I also have a rear demister now not working.
On top of that the ABS light came on, a friend diagnosed the nsr sensor, so I changed that myself and light went out.
All this has come about since getting my car back after some welding under the car...a hollow bar that the suspension connects on to.
There were no electrical faults when it went to the garage, in fact in the 10 yrs I have had the car I have never had any electrical faults.
I have rang the garage a few times but no one wants to speak.
So from that they KNOW...car going in for MOT after weekend, diff garage this time, so will ask them to check the electrics with their gadgets.
NEWS from this side the pond is we now have the Corona virus and all are saying this has to be a cock up in a China laboratory in them making germ warfare virus's...quite scary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts