Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX, 04 Sebring. 98 Ranger
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we really like our 2012 Optima EX. Being a designer engineer I get anal and start to look at things and say why did thy do it this way??. One item is we have owned suv's or trucks for over 13 years and right now my peave is the rear glass on the Optima. When it rains the rain just beads up and goes no where. It doesn't flow downwards with the air current, it just stays ther on the glass making it very hard to see out the back window. I have tried different cleaners but to no avail. will try auto wax to see of the rain runs off. Anyone else notice this or find a cure. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
try some rainx

Try some Rainx. You can buy the product or a glass cleaner with rainx in it. I had noticed the same thing and it improved rear visibility significantly in the rain.

we really like our 2012 Optima EX. Being a designer engineer I get anal and start to look at things and say why did thy do it this way??. One item is we have owned suv's or trucks for over 13 years and right now my peave is the rear glass on the Optima. When it rains the rain just beads up and goes no where. It doesn't flow downwards with the air current, it just stays ther on the glass making it very hard to see out the back window. I have tried different cleaners but to no avail. will try auto wax to see of the rain runs off. Anyone else notice this or find a cure. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just an FYI. If you go through an automated car wash AND get the wax, you are waxing your glass too. What does wax cause water to do? Bead up on the body and the glass. I try to never get wax at the car wash for this reason. My glass sheds water fine as a result.
Just something I've noticed after years of similar circumstances.

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX, Tech & Premium Touring
570 Posts
+ 4 on RainX

·
Registered
2011 Sorento 2.4L & 2012 Optima Premium Hybrid, 1989 KR-1 250cc "2stroke"
103 Posts
+5 on RainX

also an FYI:
it takes time for the rainx to work, you wont notice it on your 1st and 2nd apply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts