Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Kia Sorento, 2011 VW Jetta SE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to Kia, as in this is my first one. I am having an issue with the rear window defrost and the front wiper "heater" not working. I do most of my own work and I am mechanically inclined, but I have not had a chance to take the time to track this problem down. I suspect the 2 problems are related.

Is this a common problem? Has anyone experienced this or have an idea of a good place to start? I have already checked the fuses and tried swapping a couple of relays. No dice. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2008 Kia Sorento, 2011 VW Jetta SE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This weekend I finally had a chance to investigate my defrost issues.

I took the center console apart so I could check to make sure the switches were ok. When I did I found the connectors for the rear defrost and the wiper "heater" were off of the buttons and tucked back inside the dash. I have no idea why.

I reconnected them, no fuses blew and both functions seemed to work.

Problem solved. :)

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,527 Posts
Glad we could help LOL

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
This weekend I finally had a chance to investigate my defrost issues.

I took the center console apart so I could check to make sure the switches were ok. When I did I found the connectors for the rear defrost and the wiper "heater" were off of the buttons and tucked back inside the dash. I have no idea why.

I reconnected them, no fuses blew and both functions seemed to work.

Problem solved. :)
We could guess that the previous owner had an aftermarket radio installed, and put the factory one back before trading it in. Wouldn't be the first time a sloppy reassembly job was noticed after the sale ;)
Glad it was a simple fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts