Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I am replacing drums and shoes on the rear brakes, and when I pull the drums off, I see the two sets of bearings are falling out. No problem; Most cars I have worked on with FWD have the same setup in the rear, with tapered bearings... Well, this thing uses ball bearings! And, upon calling the parts store, they say that the bearings are part of the hub assembly, and should not come out... So now new hub assemblies are on order, at $80 per side! Crazy... So my question is, does anyone have a Chilton or Haynes manual on the Sephia? This is a 2000 LS model. I need to know what the torque is on the hub bearing nut. All I know is that it took a lot of power to remove that nut! Wish I had my impact wrench with me...
Any help would be greatly appreciated, along with any thoughts on these hub bearings... They sure looked to me like regular, inner/outer bearings, but parts stores don't show bearing sets at all. I had to use an impact screwdriver to seperate the drums from the hubs (Two large Phillips flat head screws)
Thanks all, and glad to be here!
Mark

·
Registered
27 Posts
is this what youre looking for?
2000 Kia Sephia cd repair manual
i have something similar to this. the one i have is made my mitchell. you can print out the "pages" you need & use them as reference when working on your car. this way you dont have to worry about ruining a $120 book with engine grease. ive never been able to find an acuall kia repair manual book of any kind tho.
if thats not what you want, you can keep looking with a google kia repair manual search.
ive also heard alot about this website, alldata DIY, although i dont know wether or not it would be helpful with what youre trying to do. i think its worth checking out at least. hope that helps a bit! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, my problem is that the car isn't even mine. It belongs to a friend. I have been trying to talk him into getting a manual so he can learn to fix his own car. I buy a manual for every vehicle I own, because I do all my own repairs...
Good news is, I called a Kia tech and bothered him for the specs: 15-18 ft-lbs... Car is now fixed, and owner is one happy dude! Now I just gotta charge hi a/c for him...
Thanks!
Mark

·
Registered
126 Posts
To Kia owner: there is a foreign car manual that has Kia sections that go into various details. It is Chilton's Import Auto service manual-2003. My library has the Professional Technicians Edition. The librarian ordered it for the library after considerable flattery on my part. (it costs sixty bucks!) speedster1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts