Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just purchased a 2013 Sorento LX. I love it so far- except it seems to be a bit of a gas guzzler but I'm hoping it gets a bit better as the engine loosens up a little as it only has 135 miles on it so far. I don't have the fancy mirror, just the one with the one button. The mirror has the compass on it and tells me what direction I am going in, but I can see in the background that it has the Fahrenheit and Celsius letters. I can't seem to find how to change it from the compass to the temperature. I looked in the book and it only had directions for the better mirror. Any one have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2013 LX GDI AWD
40 Posts
Wondering the same thing myself. I also can't figure out what the 2 lights on either side of the button do....also I have found some weird things happen if you hold the button down for 5+ seconds and then you can cycle through numbers 1-9...can't figure out what it changes though

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
Wondering the same thing myself. I also can't figure out what the 2 lights on either side of the button do....also I have found some weird things happen if you hold the button down for 5+ seconds and then you can cycle through numbers 1-9...can't figure out what it changes though
I think that (the numbers) has to do with the compass calibration. It is set depending on what region of the country you live/drive in. I wouldn't change it.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,513 Posts
blondie7385 and beaverboy56 - it would be a big help to everyone if you could fill out your LOCATION and DRIVES profile on the left so that it shows up with each posting. This is a worldwide forum and the vehicles are not equipped the same from Country to Country so the information is very important on future conversations - thanks.

blondie7385 - puzzled as to how you can determine its a gas guzzler after only a 135 miles, it doesn't mean anything at this stage with regards fuel economy.

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
I also have a 2013 LX. Don't worry about fuel economy until you have at least 1000 miles on it.

The rear view mirror is called "auto-dimming rear view mirror". There is 1 button to turn the compass on and off. If you hold it down, it will also enable/disable the auto-dimming. Holding it down even longer will access the compass regional settings. Do not mess with this. The lights on either side of the button are actually 1 light and 1 sensor. The light tells you if auto-dimming is on or not. The other is a sensor for headlights behind you. If the sensor catches high beams from a car behind you, it will dim the rear view mirror so you can still see.

As for the ability to show outside temp... I'm sure it's possible, but not easy. I would like to have this feature too, but I don't know if the outside temp sensor is installed in the LX, or if the wiring is already installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts