Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 sedona ex I bought new has 17000 mi on it and is wearing the left rear tire on the outside and the right rear tire on the inside. It has been at my KIA dealership for almost 2 weeks. They have replaced just about everything that bolts on and it with KIA's OK and it still will not come into alignment specs. Today the dealer told me that they have their district rep and KIA both involved trying to find out why they still can't get it to come into alignment specs. They both at this time don't know what will fix it. Does any one have any ideas why they can't get it correctly aligned. I also had it at 2 different alignmet shops because of the mi distance from me befor I took it back to my dealer and they both could not get it into specs. Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
2012 Sedona LX
13 Posts
Sounds remarkably similar to mine. Was in for almost 4 weeks. They replaced every part including the almost $1000 dollar subframe. Still couldn't get it into spec. Then one day they found that one of the bushings had been installed wrong. Once that was fixed they were able to get it back into spec. What frustrated me was that the nearest dealer to me is an hour away. I had to take it to them 3 different times. They took it to a body shop that specializes in collision repair along with an alignment shop. None of them could figure it out. Kia also flew in a tech from out of state. He had a lot of good advice but the in house techs still couldn't fix it. I then had to take it 2 different times to a dealer 2 hours from home. On the second visit they finally figured it out. This whole time I was also working with 2 different people from Kia USA. It was a nightmare. I did get a free oil change and a free loaner vehicle every time I went in.

I was lucky though. I was able to find my problem with only about 5000 miles on mine. I had some funny tire wear but nothing too bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my kia dealer was authorized to replace 5 major rear axle parts and both rear tires under warranty. They still could not get the right dear tire to come into spec .After having it on their alignment rack 4 times then the dealer was advised not to make any more repairs. I think now I will have to go to the KIA consumer dept.also the Mn. better business bureau and thw Mn. attorney general.I dont think they know how to fix this van. I bought it new and there should have not been anything wrong with it. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Lemon law it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Kia is finally fixed. It now it is within factory alignment specs. Kia sent me to a different Kia dealer to work on it. The dealer said the right rear spindle or hub and bearing was misformed. When they replaced them the van came into alignment specs. This problem has cost me a lot of time worry and phone time,driving well over 400 miles ,gas , a bunch of photo copys with documentation in triplicate,and two months to do. It took the Mn Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau to get something fixed that never should have happened in the first place. This is not the first Kia I have owned but it is the LAST Kia that I will own. The bad part is I like the van but I am not willing to deal like this with Kia any longer.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Sedona
47 Posts
Thanks for the info and for posting the update. Somewhere on down the road that info will probably help someone else too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Sedona has 33,000 miles on it now. I just had the tires rotated, ballanced and the alignment checked. The alignment came out within factory specs. I like the KIA van but I still have a sour taste in my mouth from when the KIA factory wanted to not work on it to get it into factory specs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds remarkably similar to mine. Was in for almost 4 weeks. They replaced every part including the almost $1000 dollar subframe. Still couldn't get it into spec. Then one day they found that one of the bushings had been installed wrong. Once that was fixed they were able to get it back into spec. What frustrated me was that the nearest dealer to me is an hour away. I had to take it to them 3 different times. They took it to a body shop that specializes in collision repair along with an alignment shop. None of them could figure it out. Kia also flew in a tech from out of state. He had a lot of good advice but the in house techs still couldn't fix it. I then had to take it 2 different times to a dealer 2 hours from home. On the second visit they finally figured it out. This whole time I was also working with 2 different people from Kia USA. It was a nightmare. I did get a free oil change and a free loaner vehicle every time I went in.

I was lucky though. I was able to find my problem with only about 5000 miles on mine. I had some funny tire wear but nothing too bad.
Hi, I am trying to track down the source of rear tyre wear coupled to the rear suspension not being in spec. Car is 2007 so out of warranty. Garage has checked it over and unable to see anything wrong. Could you tell me what bush was found to be wrong on yours - who knows it might be same for me.

·
Registered
2012 Sedona LX
13 Posts
I was never told what bushing it was. That was not the original problem. The original problem was the whole subframe was out of wack. The problem came when the first dealership didn't get the bushing installed correctly on the new subframe. That is why after replacing the subframe they couldn't get it to align properly still.

It wasn't until the 2nd dealership had it that one of the techs finally realized the bushing wasn't seated properly. After seating it properly they were able to get it into spec.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 Sedona Rear Wheel Alignement Problem

My 2012 Sedona wore my rear tires bald on the outer 3 inched both sides. The dealer said leave it alone because it cost too much to fix ($80 bolt kit each side). I said fix it as it was cheaper than new tire every 4 months. They lost the parts order twice, then said it was being shipped to a Mazda dealer and they could fix it for me (no kidding). They aligned the rear wheels and I had them put tires/wheels on that had 5/32 the whole way across both rear tires. Two months later (4,000 miles) they were down to 2/32 on the outer 3 inches. They just received a new alignment machine and I am to call them this week to see if they got all the parts in for their new machine. In the last week, I lost another 1/32 and am down to 1/32" on the outer 3 inches. The discussion in this forum will likely be helpful in resolving my problem. I sure hope the parts came in as one more week and I'll have blow outs. At 3/32 per 4,000 miles, I'd need new tires every 6 to 8 months driving 20k per year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts