Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.new to the form. I have a 2011 KX 3 2.0 diesel with 52k on the clock. The rear end off the vehicle now sits about 3 inches lower than when new. I tow a caravan of 1500 kg.Noseweight of 85 kg. KIA dealer cannot find a fault. They have already fitted two new rear springs but made no difference. has anyone else had similar portions
Thanks
Kev

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is the rear low or has it done something funny with the front ?

What's the floor to arch measurements (front and rear) and and how do they compare to a new forecourt car ? I think a 3" drop on mine would put the top of the tyre in the arch ?

WD :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem with my Sorento

Haven't measured it but have a similar prob with my Sorento. When new I had no trouble hooking up my camper trailer. 18 months doewn the track when I wind down my camper to hitch it on it stops about 5cm short and will not go any further. Dealer rreplaced a shock or something but still have the same problem.

·
Registered
sportage base model manual trans
396 Posts
owners manual

my owners manual says my sportage can pull 1000 lbs . 2000 lbs if you have trailer brakes . at 1500 kilos you are exceeding the sportages towing limits by 1300 lbs . I maybe mistaken but I think that is the specifications .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts