Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
XL 1.7 CRDI Techno Orange
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody noticed that rear suspension is lower after few miles. In my car distance from the center of rear wheel to the bottom of plastic part over the wheel is now 39,8 cm ( 15,67 inch). New cars has 42 cm (16,54 inch).

Could you measure your rear suspension (as on the picture)
suspension.png

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage AWD EX w/ Premium................. 2012 Kia Rio SX w/ Premium
171 Posts
I was washing the Sportage last summer and thought I had something in the trunk that was causing the rear to sit lower. I thought maybe j was just seeing things. I swear the rear has dropped at least an inch but I never measured it when I bought it. I have noticed this several times since and thought, "wow, my Sportage looks like I lowered it.".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Poland the rear springs are changed by dealers for parts from russian market. After that distance from wheel center to the car body is 45 cm (17,71 inch).
suspension_2.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rear springs are changed by dealer FOC

before was 38 cm / 14.96 inch
przed.jpg

now is 42 cm / 16.54 inch
po.jpg

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage AWD EX w/ Premium................. 2012 Kia Rio SX w/ Premium
171 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The spring weren't broken. In many cars was the same problem. I think the reason are poor springs quality and polish roads.

I hope the springs are replaced for stronger, not longer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
Good for You!

Are those 2 puddles, or 2 small lakes? :eek: :D

If I have a spring issue in the future, I hope I can get the same springs as you ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this thread is old, but I had this problem. The right rear had negative cambre about 5 degrees and sat a couple of inches low.
Turned out the rear assist arm rubber insert had clapped out allowing the wheel to tilt.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage LX AWD, 2014 Forte LX+
296 Posts
I noticed same thing after owning the car (2014) for about a year. Both sides (rear) dropped equally. All I can say is - sagging springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts