Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2013 Sportage EX and after the first day of driving, I love it.

Because this is my grocery getter though, and I'm often carting around stuff for work and a backpack, I'm wondering if you guys have any method of securing bags in the rear compartment.

Anyone have any solutions? I hate picking up groceries to find they've rolled all over the back. The included storage tray is a good start but it's a little shallow for most things...

What do you do?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bungie netting that came with my SX is sufficient for my needs.
I could look into getting that.... the EX doesn't come with that accessory, only the hidden storage tray and the tonneau cover.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
42 Posts
I use the cargo net every time I go to the grocery store. Bags fit in it perfectly. I just keep it strung across the opening.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX FWD
354 Posts
i have the cargo net, that i use for loose items. we usually leave a soft cooler with some good reusable shopping bags in the cargo area all the time. a few of those bags have flat bottoms with plastic plates that keep the bottom flat. we have the rubber cargo mat and it is pretty grippy on stuff. then you just pack it tight together and avoid slinging the car around and slamming on gas and brake. also, keep the eggs, bread and chips in the passenger area. put any liquids or wine bottles/beer on the floor in the back seats.

also, we discovered that you can put like 3-4 regular bottles or 2 liter bottles or a box of wine UNDER the front seats and it doesn't even get under passengers feet.

PS the cargo net can open up to a big 4 point net that covers everything in the back. it sits pretty tight against the bottom though. haven't found a use for it yet, but it's always an option. Maybe it i was moving a single bowling ball...

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cloud thanks for all the tips, I just found my cargo net today actually so it looks like I'll have that to work with.

Where did you get the rubber cargo mat and what did it cost? I could use something like that. I often transport my work gear and it will save me some vacuuming!

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up finding Kia brand rear cargo mats made for the 3G Sportage for 52 bucks! Under 60 bucks shipped. Very happy with that.

This all worked out well :)

Thx everyone.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
I had the dealer throw that in when I picked it up. It even works well with the cargo net, just a little bit of cutting required to expose the hooks.

·
Registered
Sportage 2.0 Diesel AWD
19 Posts
The weathertech cargo tray is way better than the Kia one. The weathertech tray has cutouts already for the cargo hooks and has a rubber surface which is grippy rather than the slick Kia model.

·
Registered
sportage base model manual trans
396 Posts
laundry baskets

i use wallmart laundry baskets . three will fit in the back . use one for fire wood when camping . works good for grocerys

·
Registered
sportage base model manual trans
396 Posts
laundry baskets

i use wallmart laundry baskets . three will fit in the back . use one for fire wood when camping . works good for grocerys . also a milk crate with a rubbermade basin at the bottom for for items that could leak

1 - 11 of 11 Posts