Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
Does anyone know ho to remove the Rear window handles from my Kia picanto?
I need to remove these to be able to remove the panel so as to install rear speakers.

Also, do you know if the wires are there to install my speakers?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
To remove handle, theres a small spring clip behind the handle, press the door panel in gently, and you should be ablel to see it, hook the spring out, and handle will come off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:crying: I give up. I can not get in to see where the clip is. think I will have to take it to my local dealer and see if they can help me out. I just hope the speakers I have bought, fit. and that the wires are there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
good luck then. i haven't got to the rear speakers yet but trying to fit a subwoofer in the boot is quite a challenge. had to settle for a single 10". will know the results tomw. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have eventually got the panels of the rear doors, to find that there are no wires hooked up to the rear speaker grills.

It now gonna cost me about £45 to get them fitted .......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you have the gs model?

I have the GS and want to know whether it has speaker wires into the rear doors.

Also, how did you get the window handles off?

Jon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have th GS model. i got the window winders off by taking it to a Car Bodyshop and asking them to help, it took them about 10 mins. if you pull the winder there is a "U" shaped clip which needs to be levered off. seems easy if you know what you are doing.

I believe you can buy a special tool so as to do this. for about £4.00.

Still I have found someone who will wire them in for me for £20. not bad eh...

·
Registered
72 Posts
i got a custom board up my rear and am ready to jam in two 6x9 component speakers. They are 150W rms and really heavy, but the board has a warranty on it so if it snaps I get my $ back. cool eh? can you imagine JBL T595 limiteds in a Picanto - insane, even I can't really beilieve the hifi shop and the custom shop can pull this one off.

will post a pic when it gets done if anyones interested. :57:

·
Registered
72 Posts

here you go, as promised. T595s (6kgs +) sitting on a reinforced speaker deck. This particular design is called the 'Woody'. no rattling, shaking or anything... tested across all urban terrains in Singapore. Cool? There is also a 'subwoofer' version in the works too. can't wait!

:alien:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh dont be sad. i think there is a mini version without hinges that is quite light to carry home. not sure. :haha:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts