Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Quantum Kit Car / Pica-Sport
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, having made an adaptor plate to enable me to fit the missing rear speakers, I cannot identify the rear feed wires that come up the door pillar and stop at the multiplug. There are some 8 wires, 2 continue to door as central locking but which other 2 are for speakers? Any offers.

Thanks.. ozza :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
The ones going to the rear speakers in my SE are black and white :) (in the door, I'd assume they're the same colour all the way tot he source)

However, there's also a black one that goes to the power window switch...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks iSix, i will check next time I get some freetime with daylight.
Might suck it and see with an old speaker on your colors see what happens.

ozza. :liebe011:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, the multi plug to feed the rear door electrics is located in the door pillar-accessed by pulling of the corrugated rubber while front door is open, then press each of the 4 latch clips on sides of plug while pulling gently. The plug and socket assembly will release and can be seperated to find the speaker feed wires.

Viewing the socket speakers are top right. Left speaker is blue + and green -, right speaker is white + and black -.

Ensure you get the wire polarity correct to the speakers, if the phasing is wrong you loose a lot of bass.

Regards ozza.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hi, ozza
i'm trying to put eledctric locks in my picanto, but i'm trying to find a suitable place to put the electric locks.i was wondering since you removed the door panels for placing your speakers, is it possible to take some photos of the electric locks and the exact place they are so i can put mine?
thanks in advance.
P.S. if someone else can take some pics it would be greatly appreciated.
P.S.2 sorry for my english i'm from greece

1 - 6 of 6 Posts