Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
sedona ts previous st170 standard ford focus orion fiesta diesel best of all ford granada ghia
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
at last solved the problem
just about to spend money at this thing. BUT HEY found it.
it was the controller in the rear panel. inside the connections think there is about 30 pins in the small black connector next to the bigger grey connector that goes into the black box (remote control box bolted next to the door motor). i was getting a bit fed up so had a last look. i was tapping all the connections whilst holding the open button for the door and saw a tiny bit off dust fall out the black connector. took it off and saw one of the tiny pins had that green blue tinge to it looked deeper and found that it had corroded and had broken off inside the female part connector. PROBLEM
the connector in the box is part of the circuit board soldered in. so i decided to solder a wire on the back it was only a pin size piece that i could attache it to but managed to get a weld on to it
cut the wire on the other connector that related to the pin and reconnected the two wires using a spade connector type
HEY PRESTO. it works ::D:cool:
now this may only be temporary until i can find another circuit control box and
a new 30 pin connector/ but hopefully it will last
i am trying to upload photos but dont know how to yet
done one haha its the top right pin it looks dirty in this but its very clean
thanks everyone for all your help if it was not for this forum i would not have even started to look at it in depth

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
And this is WHY we have these forums....
Thank you jackiain for giving this information to others worldwide..
WE all make other posters lives better ones...by sharing..
Dave

·
Registered
sedona ts previous st170 standard ford focus orion fiesta diesel best of all ford granada ghia
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your most welcome. thank you davesspectra

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi gt.
yes well chuffed.
my only thoughts are it must have been through the rear quarter window. i do recall it being left open one night. doh. and we had terrible heavy rain all night. but didn't think much of it. as you know there is no plastic covering over this area behind the panel unlike the door panels. i think rain water has run down the cable and into the socket and just lay in the corner of it corroding it away . also it must be very corrosive material that the pins are made of. or just so thin that it would not take long to rot through. it was very clean behind the panel and no signs of water penetration. the plug adapters in the photo look dirty. but it was just the way the picture came out. they was very clean

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
400 Posts
The module(s) are behind the rear panels behind the sliding doors (next to where the third row seats are). there is a bit off dissasembly to do but not too difficult.

There is a module for each of the doors.

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts