Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Kia Sorento Mark 1 2004 2.5 diesel and need new rear shocks,the ones on there at the moment are self levelling type,the Kia replacement ones (self levelling type) are very expensive £300 + vat each.
In view of the fact I don't use the car very much for towing I am contemplating putting on some Monroe Adventure Shocks as these seem pretty good and cost a lot less then the Kia ones.
Firstly would these Shock be ok on the car,as I don't want the car to be on its knees when these are fitted.
Secondly has anybody had experience with after market Rear Shocks on there Kia Sorento mark 1?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
To change from self-levelling you will need to change both dampers and springs otherwise you will have a 'soggy bottom'. I think, given your usage, something like KYB (for both) would be ok, but I don't have any experience of them since I have a non-sls facelift with Koni FSD dampers. Presume you are in UK?

You are unlikely to find 'non-sls' springs from a UK Kia dealer as they were never part of UK spec (for the pre-facelift models).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts