Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot get aftermarket shocks for 2003 sedona is there another vehicle that the sedona shares parts with like rear shocks maybe a hyundai dont want to buy manufacture shocks price!

·
Registered
16 Posts
As a new owner of a pre-owned 2003 Sedona EX, I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Having only owned our Sedona for 4 days I am surprised and disturbed that there are so few resources for servicing these vehicles yourself. I know of no aftermarket repair manuals for the 2003 Sedona and am not about to pay $150.00 for the dealer's shop manual. I bought shop manuals for our Ford and Subaru for less than $25.00 online.

The fact that there are few aftermarket repair parts is also disturbing. I am hoping that I have just not been looking in the right place. If it is really this hard to work on Sedonas and get parts for them, I'm thinking we may resell our Sedona and opt for a little bit older Sienna. At least I know I'll be able to get both repair information and parts for it.

I'm very frustrated so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also having trouble finding rear shock absorbers for my 2003 Kia Sedona.
I am surprised that a company like Monroe does not make an after market for this mni-van. If anyone can please post an alternative, the kia originals are very expensive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Whats also messed up with the Sedona shocks is that you can't get what comes on them. If you look at the stock shocks, they have KYB stamped on them. KYB has nothing available on their website. I emailed them and was told that they have no listing for a Sedona, even though they DID make them for factory installment!?!?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am also having trouble finding rear shock absorbers for my 2003 Kia Sedona.
I am surprised that a company like Monroe does not make an after market for this mni-van. If anyone can please post an alternative, the kia originals are very expensive.
I think Monroe does make shock absorbers for 2003 Kia Sedona. At least you can find it at Advance Auto Parts' website like "Monroe Reflex Truck Shock Absorber Part Number: 911272".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts