Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'19 Hyundai Santa Fe, '06 Saab 9-3 convertible
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total newbie here so these may be dumb questions. We are considering the purchase of a low mileage used (18 or 19) Sedona to haul bicycles. Plan would be to remove ALL of the seats except driver and front passenger. Don't need em. Don't want em. Would be ideal to have a long open flat space for carrying at least 4 bikes. Two mtn bikes + 2 road bikes. Plus some good sized tupperware-type containers to hold helmets, hydration back packs, cycling shoes, tools etc. Front wheels would be removed from the bikes and the forks attached to 'fork mounts' affixed to the floor or mounted on a plank. So my question is: how hard to remove those seats? Easier in a 7 passenger or 5 passenger? Do the back seats fold flat into the floor so that I would only have to extract the middle row? If anyone has done this and is hauling bikes I would love to see some photos. TIA.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Carnival / Sedona Platinum Turbo Diesel
14 Posts
Total newbie here so these may be dumb questions. We are considering the purchase of a low mileage used (18 or 19) Sedona to haul bicycles. Plan would be to remove ALL of the seats except driver and front passenger. Don't need em. Don't want em. Would be ideal to have a long open flat space for carrying at least 4 bikes. Two mtn bikes + 2 road bikes. Plus some good sized tupperware-type containers to hold helmets, hydration back packs, cycling shoes, tools etc. Front wheels would be removed from the bikes and the forks attached to 'fork mounts' affixed to the floor or mounted on a plank. So my question is: how hard to remove those seats? Easier in a 7 passenger or 5 passenger? Do the back seats fold flat into the floor so that I would only have to extract the middle row? If anyone has done this and is hauling bikes I would love to see some photos. TIA.
The third row drop into the floor so it is a large flat area.

The second row slide right forward to behind the front seats and then "stand up", so there's only about an extra 20cm behind the front seats. So I don't think you'd really need to actually remove any seats at all from the car. You might be able to put together some sort of adapter that allows a bike rack to bolt into the rails that the seats slide on too.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sedona LX
6 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem loading in bikes with the second row seats stowed up being the front seats. I transport a Yuba Mundo inside the back with the wheels on and that bike is over 6 1/2 feet long. Curious why you are choosing to buy a van over a 4 bike carrier to transport your bikes? You could splurge on a hitch bike carrier and still stay around a grand.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
maybe the bikes are worth too much to have there hanging exposed to traffic accidents and possible bike hitch thieves :p

·
Registered
'16 Sedona SX, '09 Genesis
192 Posts
4 bikes are easily accommodated in just about any minivan these days, as long as you use angled front axle mounts (see pic). With the Sedona, you'd want to get one that has the fold-forward second row seats. I purposely avoided getting an SX-L because it came with 2nd row captain seats that don't fold forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts