Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've got kids and a carseat-How do you keep your seats clean?
Sippy Cups and Snacks are unavoidable.
Has anyone found anything?

I was thinking of getting the fitted rear floor mats and some type of Seat protector to put under Car Seat.
I've found a few on Amazon, but wondered what's working for you.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
I have one year old spontaneous triplets. We not only fit 3 car seats back there, but it's also stayed pretty clean so far. To protect the leather seats in ours I use these pad things which were like $15 each on amazon. They do a decent job protecting the seats from "dents" as the car seat and kid pushes into the seat cushion over time. Also, if they spill something the pad is there and not the seat leather/fabric.

Search on amazon for "Diono Super Mat" and you'll find the ones I use. If that doesn't seem good enough there's plenty more in the similar items section. Hope that helps!

As for the floors: Rubber winter floor mats? ;-) Not sure what can be done for that area. Our kids seats are still rear-facing so when they chuck stuff it hits the back of the seat currently and bounces back into their laps ;-)

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
ps... I went w/ the Diono ones since they were moderately priced and had decent reviews. So far so good for us. Plus they matched the black leather interior we have in our SX. When I occasionally take the seats out there are of course slight indentations from the weight of the kid/seat, but not major and within a few hours they "pop" right out and go back to normal.

In any case, it's good I've found to take the seat(s) out every once in a while to clean them and let the back seat have a chance to breathe and bounce back for a day or two if not going anywhere.

·
Registered
33 Posts
dimab-I like the review on those, How is your experience with them so far?
How long have you had them?
it's in my car with the car seat installed. kid is still in my wifes belly. ETA is 3 weeks. sorry to be useless. i've taken the seat out several times, and the mat seems to be holding up, it's not creasing under the baby seat, or leaving any marks on the kia pleather.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dimab-I like the review on those, How is your experience with them so far?
How long have you had them?
Well if anyone else has kids in carseats. I ordered this and am happy with it so far. It's been about a week and a half, and has a lip around the edges that does a good job of keeping Cheerios and Goldfish contained. I imagine it would do a good job with spills too, However I prefer not to test this. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts