Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Palisade 2021 Luxury
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have Sorento :ROFLMAO: (I have Palisade), but it's still same idea and same desire to have some descent looking DIY rear headrest screens for kids, adults, when on long trips to keep passengers entertained: movies, simple games (arcade, chess, puzzles, crosswords etc), GPS route tracker, maps, even internet, Skype, Zoom etc. if needed. And it also makes car look like you have more expensive trim haha.
So here's a quick list of available parts to make it work and make it look like it was designed to be like that :) Trick is to avoid tacky looks, make use of excellent! location of USB ports on the side of seats (it's like Kia knew we would want to put a couple screens there) and stay within budget (if possible).

1. Headrest tablet holder $17 https://www.amazon.com/Headrest-Universal-Backseat-Smartphones-Compatible/dp/B07Q4RHHSL/ref=sr_1_16?crid=Z4RTH1L0A4MN&dchild=1&keywords=headrest+tablet+holder&qid=1610492341&sprefix=headrest,aps,402&sr=8-16

2. 90 degree (L shaped) coiled elastic USB charging cable (short) $12 Amazon.com: Anti Winding Cable, Mcdodo Retractable 90 Degree Coiled Right Angle Design Gaming LED Cord Nylon Braidd Sync Charge USB Data 6FT/1.8M Cable Compatible with New Phone List Below (Black, 6FT/1.8M): Industrial & Scientific

3. 10 inch black Android tablet IPS screen, Wi-Fi/3G and microSD expandable storage $100 https://www.amazon.com/Foren-Tek-in.../B08BKF3YZ1/ref=psdc_1232597011_t4_B08KP1X315

4. Wireless, BT, Over-Ear Foldable Headphones $26 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q8G7K48/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3Q7KK2GT06VYU&psc=1

Total comes to $336.64 (tax included) with free shipping! Now I admit these tablets are cheap and Chinese, but for movies, simple games, browsing etc - they are more than enough. And you can even buy $28 protection plan 2-year full replacement if you really are worrying about them.

This is NOT my picture or picture of this setup, but it's just a SAMPLE representation of my vision for this setup kit:

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
320 Posts
I tried this on one seat for my son. I ended up with a mount that never was used because he wanted to hold it. Can’t blame him either, I’d rather hold it as well. All you need is two tablets and headphones and skip the rest. Good write up though.

Reactions: Snatchell and DXB

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
209 Posts
I tried this on one seat for my son. I ended up with a mount that never was used because he wanted to hold it. Can’t blame him either, I’d rather hold it as well. All you need is two tablets and headphones and skip the rest. Good write up though.
Amen. Just did 6 hours down, 6 hours back with my 3 kids in the car and they all wanted to hold the tablets and be able to play games and such. Not to mention when it comes time to get in and out of the car, children treat it like the Olympics. I can envision so many scenarios where those headrest tablets get karate kicked into the sunroof and rain glass down on everyone.

I admit it does look very sharp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts