Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte EX, 2020 Kia Soul EX, 2002 Corvette Z06
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...I cannot seem to find an answer in the manual, or from the dealer I leased the vehicle from, but have a 2020 Soul EX with the Designer Package.
I honestly thought that when you back up and get too close to an object or if someone is driving on the road you are trying to back into, that a beeper or something would go off. We also have a Kia Forte EX (2109) and traded in a 2017 Sportage EX and those both had that feature, but I don't recall hearing any beepers or warnings go off with those instances mentioned above. The manual talks about a parking distance warning (if equipped) and making sure the button on the dash was turned on, but I don't have that button on my vehicle. My window sticker lists Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA) in the EX features but don't know what activates or deactivates that.
Am I missing something, Is anyone able to fill me in or give me some thoughts on this? It would be appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo
213 Posts
Hi...I cannot seem to find an answer in the manual, or from the dealer I leased the vehicle from, but have a 2020 Soul EX with the Designer Package.
I honestly thought that when you back up and get too close to an object or if someone is driving on the road you are trying to back into, that a beeper or something would go off. We also have a Kia Forte EX (2109) and traded in a 2017 Sportage EX and those both had that feature, but I don't recall hearing any beepers or warnings go off with those instances mentioned above. The manual talks about a parking distance warning (if equipped) and making sure the button on the dash was turned on, but I don't have that button on my vehicle. My window sticker lists Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA) in the EX features but don't know what activates or deactivates that.
Am I missing something, Is anyone able to fill me in or give me some thoughts on this? It would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Should be able to just see the sensors in the bumper if they are there. Manufactures don't seem to hide them well at all

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte EX, 2020 Kia Soul EX, 2002 Corvette Z06
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be able to just see the sensors in the bumper if they are there. Manufactures don't seem to hide them well at all
Thank you...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts