Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Kia Sorento EX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have been searching the forums in hopes that I'll find answers to my issue with no avail.
I have a 2011 Sorento EX.When going over bumps like railroad tracks,speed bumps or even rough roads,there is a pretty big noise from the back end.At first when the back wheels hit the bump,I was thinking it was say...the 3 row seats rattling or clunking.Maybe even the hatch.
I had my daughter drive it over a bump and I stood outside and listened and the sound is present on the outside too which makes me thing suspension o something.
Any similar problems or thoughts on this?
I' m taking it back to the dealer asap.I just bought it a week and a half ago.Just haven't had the time off work to get it in.The salesman IS aware however.
Thanx for your help.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
I would first double check the hidden tire jack area for loose stuff and then make sure the spare tire is secure and tight up against the bootom of the car.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
Check the top bushing on the shock. I have seen a few where the bushing has separated and the shock is contacting the bolt head. The head on the bolt is big enough the the shock cannot come completely off, but it rests against it makes noise. Could be something else but this is fairly easy to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts