Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a DIY on how to remove the rear KIA emblem from a 2013 Kia Soul?

I've searched but I cant find it.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,474 Posts
Try warming it with a good hair dryer, and then with dental floss behind it to cut through the double sided adhesive tape.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You need to remove the hatch plastic panel, then remove the 3 black nuts that hold the hatch handle assembly, then disconnect the green wire. Remove the handle assembly, then pry the 4 tabs to release the emblem.

The hardest part was prying the 4 tabs to release the old emblem.

Then you just press/snap in the new emblem, and reinstall everything. There is no 3m tape holding in the rear emblem, it snaps into place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This YouTube video might help!
Thanks for the video. I viewed it on YouTube as well. But like I stated...I just did the rear emblem this morning on the 13 Kia Soul....it is not held on by tape at all , it snaps into place once you remove the rear hatch assembly.

I took pics, but for some reason they won't load.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the video. I viewed it on YouTube as well. But like I stated...I just did the rear emblem this morning on the 13 Kia Soul....it is not held on by tape at all , it snaps into place once you remove the rear hatch assembly.

I took pics, but for some reason they won't load.
Sorry, I somehow missed your last post. I had just remembered this video that I had come across during my search for some other Soul-related info, and I had bookmarked in a playlist...so I blindly shared it.

For future reference I had also come upon this DIY, step-by-step with photos from the "official" Soul forum:
DIY - Emblem Removal / Replacement (2010-2013)
You've probably already seen it also, lol.
Good luck with your modding! 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts