Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 97 kia sephia. When i press the rear defogger button no lights turn on the dash board? But when i press the relay it lights up on dash board but dosent work when you press the button.. i have no cluse. So i began looking around where the fuse box is located and noticed that a wire was cut and traced it to the rear defogger button. Through a long struggle i removed the dash board and found the wire connects to the Air bag control unit and noticed it was blown, i purchased a one from a junk yard, re installed the item and i though the defroster was gonna work butno luck, still no light turns on when you hit the rear defrost button... Does anyone have a clue, I need to get this button to work before winter comes... THanks Robert

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
even thoug hthe light isnt turning on it might still be working the bulb could be blown.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked it out and the bulb is not burnt, does the defroster button supposed to click in? I have no idea why its not working, the fuse are not burnt.. thanks

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia LS, 1998 Kia Sportage 4x4, 2002 Kia Sportage 4x4
1,252 Posts
the button isn't supposed to click in. have you tried to see if there's power going to the element in the window?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts