1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Carens CRDI 2,0 automatic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rear brakes are not working

Hi out there.
My 2003 2,0 diesel have problems with rear bakes. The brakes are rotors brakes all over. Rear left side has stoped working, the caliper piston is not moving anymore and the rotor is rusting. It often happens in Norway, in winter roads are salted. The easiest solution is to buy new caliper and disc, but does it exist a way of making the old to work again?

Another question: Is it possible to increase the brake level of the rear brakes (adjust a walve or something) to get more of the brake effect on the rear axel? Modern cars have about 70% effect on the front brakes and just 30% on the rear. The result often will be that the normal driving only activate the front brakes and not the rear, resulting in "close down" rear bakes. Your advises are welcome.

B

·
Registered
6 Posts
OOooohhhhh you mean brakes!! - break means broken?? - well l can ashore you hes right the first time!!! - the best thing you can do is chuck an anchor out!!! - its all inherent by bad design - poor quality parts and nobody has worked out a way to fix it - world wide - the rattling - the heating and air con - broken door handles - lower arms - ABS - the interior that marks if you so much as look at it - and on and on - just things that shouldn't fail - its a good car wasted - and as for residual value??? - don't trade it in!! its best to use it to put flowers in or something - and in the words of the rev pizzaguy its all done for a reason - l doubt if the man upstairs knows - but ha ho best of luck - and car of the year uk my arxxxxxx

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,504 Posts
OOooohhhhh you mean brakes!! - break means broken?? - well l can ashore you hes right the first time!!! - the best thing you can do is chuck an anchor out!!! - its all inherent by bad design - poor quality parts and nobody has worked out a way to fix it - world wide - the rattling - the heating and air con - broken door handles - lower arms - ABS - the interior that marks if you so much as look at it - and on and on - just things that shouldn't fail - its a good car wasted - and as for residual value??? - don't trade it in!! its best to use it to put flowers in or something - and in the words of the rev pizzaguy its all done for a reason - l doubt if the man upstairs knows - but ha ho best of luck - and car of the year uk my arxxxxxx
I'm guessing your NOT a Kia lover????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts