Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and was hoping someone could help,
I have a KIA Sedona 04 2.9
My husband changed the front brake pads last night and then decided to check the rear brake pads but he couldn't get the drum off (passenger side) he got the nuts /screws out but couldnt get it completely off so he gave up and put it back together.
So when he started to drive off this morning the rear passenger wheel (the one he had tried to look at) was making a grinding noise and looked like it was struggling to move it seemed like the handbrake hadn't released, the garage have said he may have damaged the calipers or the drum or something when trying to take it off and it may cost around £100 to fix, they're going to have a proper look on Thursday and let us know for definite what is wrong.

So I was wondering if any of you had any ideas what it could be ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2003 carnival 2,9 ex auto
70 Posts
when he put it back on he should have made sure that it was fully back by striking with a nylon hammer at the top,bottom, left, right. If no hammer then used a piece of wood & a normal hammer. To remove , after taking screws out you will see there are 2 other ,threaded, holes where you need to put in some long threadedbolts & jack it off. Thread is either M6 or M8. need to be about 5cm ( 2" ) long.

Problem is that by attempting to take off it fouls on shoes & you have to make sure that it is fully back & rotates.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts