Kia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento 2014 EX
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the real mileage for 2.5 l turbo sorento?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
268 Posts
Varies. Seems most are getting mid 20's with mixed driving conditions. Babying them on the highway some folks are reporting 30+

·
Registered
Soon to be 2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green owner
161 Posts
If you can resist the dark side around town - you can get 22 to 25 MPG - highway - over 30 like TD Charlie said. BUT - You don't know the power of the dark side. :)

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
106 Posts

On a 2K mile trip, I got a calculated avg of 26 mpg total trip from the midwest to the Florida panhandle going 75-82 mph. Babying it on secondary highways at 50-55 mph, I get about 30 mpg.

·
Registered
161 Posts
On a 2K mile trip, I got a calculated avg of 26 mpg total trip from the midwest to the Florida panhandle going 75-82 mph. Babying it on secondary highways at 50-55 mph, I get about 30 mpg.
I've been using the GPS controlled cruise - doing the speed limits - 70 & below. Faster than 70 and MPGs drop some for sure.

Reactions: C-Trink

·
Registered
2020, Kia Niro 4, 1.6 Self Charging Hybrid
10 Posts

I know it's not your question but my Niro Hybrid just had staggering milage.
Plant Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

To be fair it was just after I filled up and was running solely on battery for the first half mile.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX
12 Posts
I have had the Sorento for since 12/31/2020. My best mpg so far has been about 20. It reads about 18 right now. It is entirely my own fault, not the car.

·
Registered
161 Posts
On the highway I can get about 30MPG. Around town - not flooring it all the time - I can get about 24-25 mpg. I set the cruise at the speed limit and let the adaptive/automatic cruise do it's thing.

·
Registered
Sorento 2014 EX
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is this new sorento fuel mileage better than the by engine?

·
Registered
161 Posts
OK - Went on a trip today to Skyline Drive. Topped off the Sorento in Zion Crossroads and drove up Skyline Drive to Big Meadows then home - 195 mile trip. I'm not kidding at all when I say for the better part of the trip I was seeing 38MPG+. This was driving the hills of Skyline Drive doing the speed limit of 35MPH. Going home on I64, I set the cruise at 70MPH but I was followoing a guy towing a camper and so I was doing between 65 and 70 MPH and the 38MPG dwindled to 33 to 34 MPG. This thing does phenominal in the hills! Occasoinally I was over 40MPG. Long story short I used 1/4 tank of fuel on this trip according to the digital fuel gauge. I will be filling up for my Charleston, SC trip tomorrow so I can verify real world MPG. I was in Comfort mode the whole time and wasn't gunning it at all - we were sightseeing... :) Very pleased with the car so far. Very pleased.

Ecoregion Map Parallel Atlas Terrestrial plant

EDIT - I filled up at Costco this morning and it took 6.2 Gallons. 195 miles - 31.4MPG real world. Not too shabby.

·
Registered
'22 SX-P X-Line Wolf Gray
23 Posts
That's amazing and looking forward to getting some of those numbers. I'm about 24mpg mixed since picking it up last week so only on the first 300 miles. I think the mpg is supposed to stabilize after the first few thousand miles.

Although in order to help seat the valves I got the rig up to 115mph the other day 🤪 and I think it was in eco mode at the time, just had the right opportunity

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm off to Charleston, SC. I'll check in when I get there with some more MPGs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's amazing and looking forward to getting some of those numbers. I'm about 24mpg mixed since picking it up last week so only on the first 300 miles. I think the mpg is supposed to stabilize after the first few thousand miles.

Although in order to help seat the valves I got the rig up to 115mph the other day 🤪 and I think it was in eco mode at the time, just had the right opportunity
Holy moly! 115mph. I’ll tell you this in sport mode it can go from 70 to 90 in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Alright, here is my MPG numbers from my trip to Charleston, Sc. On the way down I95 I got about 29 to 30mpg the whole way. Fairly flat trip.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts