Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new stereo (JVC KW-R900BT) and after sewing everything back up, the key-less entry and the heated seats will not work. I am certain that the wires to those were on one of the three wiring harnesses I pulled off the OEM stereo. Since there is no labeling for wires, I do not know which ones need to be wired back in. I also don't know where they actually need to be added back in. Help! (It doesn't have the infinity system.)

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
Neither one has anything to do with the audio system...I'd suggest checking the fuses for a blown one and also the wiring harnesses in the area of the radio behind the dash. You may have pulled one loose.
If it's a fuse it may be one that is labeled for a totally different circuit. So check them ALL.
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,

Thanks for the advice. That did the trick. I had one blown fuse that turned mostly everything back on. I still have a few other things that don't work...keyless entry, power locks when the vehicle isn't on and the bell when the key is put into the ignition or the door(s) is/are open. I suppose that will be another fuse likely.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
Look for a fuse named "ROOM"...It provides backup power when the ignition is OFF.. It is also used to provide "memory" for the radio. Get the connection??
All three are powered 24/7 (or not if the fuse is blown).
This fuse "might" be named differently but is usually the only COLORED one.
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave,

They did not label the fuses and they are several different colors rather than just all one color with an off color for the "room" fuse. I did check through them all though and found the other blown fuse. Everything works again. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts