Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX 1.7cc Diesel - Manual transmission
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this issue has already been discussed but i would like to ask the US sportage owners about the back tailgate lights.
My question is, does the tailgate light operate also when the brake pedal is depressed? i know that the US version of the sportage the tailgate light comes on when the lights are switched on and the euro does not. but do they operate also with the brakes? thanks

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
I know that this issue has already been discussed but i would like to ask the US sportage owners about the back tailgate lights.
My question is, does the tailgate light operate also when the brake pedal is depressed? i know that the US version of the sportage the tailgate light comes on when the lights are switched on and the euro does not. but do they operate also with the brakes? thanks
Brake lights on the outer lamps (not on the tail gate). When the low beam headlights are on all lamps are lit (dim) but the outer lamps will glow brighter when the brake lights are depressed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bluntman. i am trying to convert mine to us type lights. i had that doubt. thanks again

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
Now that i think about it, i believe the Korean LED lights that i bought are wired a little bit differently, i'll double check when i get home later. I remember i had to splice the centre lights (the ones on the tailgate) to the centre brake light.

UPDATE: as I had suspected, there are a couple of extra "lines" of LED in the tailgate housing that are activated when the brake pedal is depressed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks, but you are refering to the led lights not the normal bulb lights. i was thinking if i can find double filament bulb holders i would incorporate the brake lights also.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mannaged to fit the 2 bulb holders as explained in other threads. lol

result....

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts