Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[email protected]
well hello.. i have a 01 optima 4cyl. 2.4L ....

we just got done with a timing belt replacement, too bad it was a little too much too late.. had to do a complete valve job.. after hundreds of dollars of new parts. we hooked up the plug wires backwards: firing cylinders 1 &2 / 3 &4.

it only ran on 2 cylinders obviously. but we couldnt figure out why. after turning off the engine and waiting a couple days to try to figure it out, the engine will not start again.. we ordered new coils and wires but we still had the wires hooked up backwards.. so maybe the new coils fried??

we have injector pulse, power to the coils, and signal from the ECU to the coils. but we have NO SPARK!!!....... i cannot figure it out.. i do not know if hooking them up wrong fried the coils or not..

asking anyone if they know if the coils would be fried or not, or what else could have been fried???? or if anything... anyone know the volts required at the coils to fire them?? or what the volt signal to the coils should be??/

any help appreciated
derek
[email protected]ail.com

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I am not quite sure if crossing the plug wires would actually fry coils. I have crossed plug wires before and all it did is just run really rough. Once I put them back in the proper places it ran fine. Sounds like you may have a issue on your hands. Not to sure of it though.
Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts