Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We bought a demonstrator with 8K miles and on the test drive we asked the salesman about the rattle we could hear.
He said it was the trade plates at the back and as we could not either prove or disprove it we believed him and made the purchase.
The rattle proved not to be the trade plates.
It has been back to the garage three times to be sorted without success .
The garage kindly agreed to change the car for an identical one but with 9K miles.

No rattle at all on the test drive but almost immediatly afterwards the rattle could be heard.

It is going back to the garage after our weeks holiday but on past experience we are not hopeful. The garage have driven the car and acknowledge that there is an identical rattle .

Is this we wonder a product fault or has anyone had a similar problem and if so how was it sorted. The rattle is driving us mad - we are in our seventies.

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
Kia ProCeed Sport 2.0
47 Posts
I have a bad rattle coming from the air vent on the central passenger side beside the radio... I have had to just whack it a few times and close the vent... I am convinced the rubber seal inside is broken and the plastic is rattling off each other...

is it anything like that?

·
Registered
0858 Kia Pro_Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi, Red
191 Posts
Just keep at your dealer, at the end of the day if you've bought a nearly new car you should expect it to be rattle free, mine is at 38k!

·
Registered
Kia cee'd '2' SW EcoDynamics MY11
542 Posts
Rattle from the back could be the tonneau cover. You could try removing it (compress right hand side first) and driving without it fitted for a couple of days. Good luck.
Other than that I'd suggest taking absolutely everything out of the boot. Including spare wheel etc, and see what you find. (i.e. whether you find silence or a mechanic's screwdriver left in the spare wheel well.)
If (hypothetically) they put your old spare wheel into your replacement car because it was missing the toolkit it could explain the noise following you.
But in mine it was the tonneau cover.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to my world. I have had rattle issues and there are several threads documenting them. My problem is backwards and forwards to the dealer who then cant /wont trace them. Trouble is with some rattles they sound like they come from one place but come from another. I have attempted to cure my own with limited success. Worse in cold weather when the plastic hardens.
Interior mirror was a source on earlier models which stops when you grab hold of it. Sounds lower down. Warranty fix as its a known issue.
Centre facia can benefit from a pull forward and check of screws with a little bit of silicone on surfaces that touch. Rear parcel shelf can rattle in its mounts but not much you can do. Rear seat can squeak on its upper brackets. Again a bit of lube. Heater tubing can squeak in winter but tends to stop when some warm air warms it up.
If you look at the warranty you may see that squeaks and rattles are not covered.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2014
3 Posts
Hi ED209

I'm having the same issue with the tonneau cover rattling on my car. I live in the country side so the roads a bit bumpy. I have to crank up the music to drown out the sounds. Were you able to fix this issue?

·
Registered
Pro Ceed 2 1.6 CRDi (113)
182 Posts
What's the tonneau cover? I have a very slight rattle which drives me up the wall, only happens at certain revs and on rough surfaces. I can't hear great so I don't know where it is coming from exactly.

·
Registered
246 Posts
What's the tonneau cover? .
It is fitted in an estate in place of the parcel shelf. It pulls out like a roller blind.

When we test drove our car there was a bad rattle in the back. Stopped several times on the test drive to try and find it. Simple, one of the rear seats had not correctly engaged in the button device at the top and could move about.

·
Registered
Proceed 2 1.6 CRDi (LD59OFY)
16 Posts
For all of you who have rattles coming from the dashboard area, there is a warrany bulletin out for the dash support bar. There is a broken bracket on the bar itself, If you're vehicle hasnt been done, I suggest you get it done as soon as you can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For all of you who have rattles coming from the dashboard area, there is a warrany bulletin out for the dash support bar. There is a broken bracket on the bar itself, If you're vehicle hasnt been done, I suggest you get it done as soon as you can.
Do you have this service builten, or where I cand find it?

Is it related to new ceed?

I have rattles from center console as well as from area where A-Pillars meet dashboard.

Many thanks...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi.

No the dash support bar was only for the old shape ceed. As far as I'm aware they haven't issued any service bulletins about the new ceed.

Rattle only came from the dash support bar as 1 piece of the welding snapped off .

Hope this Helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had a rattle from the passenger side dash near the window (i think behind the airvent). Is this related to the dash support bar?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im afraid the bulletins are for dealers only.
The bulletin is only for the old ceed between 2009 and 2012.

I suggest contacting your local Kia dealership to find out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts