Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sportage crdi xe diesel has a rattle noise when changing in lower gears and then disappears when the speed picks up. I notice that when i hear the rattle after gear change i slightly put the clutch in and the rattle disappears. What symptoms would point to the gearbox or the clutch or even the flywheel. Have searched the internet and get very mixed answers. So anyone with similar probs or knows what it can be i would be most grateful...oh and by the way it has know effect of the driving of my car just an annoying rattle sound.

thanks all

·
Registered
255 Posts
No diesel Sportages in the USA. But, you probably have one of those dual mass flywheel setups. They sux big time.

Also, if you have more than 30k miles, consider topping off or changing all the gear oils.

·
Registered
Yamaha ATV Kodiak
3 Posts
Noise at low RPM (1700 to 1950 rpm) when accelerating

My 2008 Sportage, 4 cyl. 5 speed is making noise at low rpm and most noticeable when shifting in 3 and 4th gear. The dealer already replaced the exhaust pipe flexible part, the 1st and 2nd gears in the transmission, the whole transfer case (brand new) and it still makes that rattling metal noise, at low rpm only. Over 2000 rpm, no more noise. They just don't know what to do anymore. It has been like this for almost 2 years and it seems to get worst. I'm afraid it could be a major issue coming soon and the waranty will expire in march 2013. If you seach on Google "Kia Sportage rattling noise" you will find other cases similar to your or mine. It could be a bearing at the end of the transmission or clutch parts. !!?? Too bad, otherwise I liked my Sportage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts