Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

While the speakers in my Kia Sedona are quite good, I’d like to replace them with ones that have a bit more bass, and can cope with my the radio being turned up a little louder without distorting the sound.

Before I look to do this, can anyone tell me if the front door speakers can be replaced simply by removing the grills (if indeed the grills can be removed!!), or do I need to take off the door panel to install new ones?

I also notice that there are small speakers on the dashboard. Can these be replaced easily, or will they cope okay with a louder output?

Lastly, is there anything I need to take into consideration regarding the replacement of the rear speakers?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Muppet

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

bad luck, you have to remove the front door panels. Same for the rear ones, the entire huge side panel needs to be removed as well.

Cheers....Stefan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Door panels off is quite easy - the speakers are 16cm / 6 inch ish size. I stuck some dynamat (halfords 20 quid a roll) to the back of the door itself to stop vibrations - now it sounds like a rolls royce when I slam it !
I don't know how to prize the tweeters out so I left them in and fitted tweeters to the back of the mirrors - trouble is ive now blown the factory ones as they wire back to the headunit multi plug :gunsmilie:
In the back you take off the rear panel and there are 6x9 there - how ever they have metal brackets which are shallow so check before fitting so your magnets clear - pioneer ts6910 just go in with persuation and of course some dynamat !
Both the speakers have funny plugs so I used some bullet crimps and some quality crimpers instead. Add a 4x 40 head unit and you can sure annoy the boy racers when your stereo goes louder without distortion :grin:
p.s. that (I know) dynamat is good on the transmission tunnel and bulkhead especially where the floor meets the bulkhead and theres a gap in the sound proofing ;)

Oh muppet you know those cheap sunvisor dvd screens you can get on ebay from hongkong ? Father in laws got them in his sedona fit straight in and got a play station attached too - not that you could be tempted ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts