Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 1995 2.0 Dohc
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Just had a little problem with my sporty... Was just driving home, than when i was almost at home i took a left turn at around 15km/h and the car just died.
So, i was able roling in to a parking lot, and it started on second try...

This has never happend like this before, and i wonder if it is the fuel pump that is going bad...

any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1999 Sportage A/T 4WD
987 Posts
My Sportage was doing the same some months ago, but that stopped after replacing the fuel pump relay.

Although to address that issue I also cleaned the IAC valve and the situation improved, then, after some time, I had to change that relay because my Sportage was not starting at all. So I cannot be sure about what really solved that problem.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you galf! =)
Do you have the part number for the relay, i cant seem to find it on ebay, so i guess i have to go my "dealer"...That can be really expensive...
But, ending up ordering a new fuel pump so i can change the pump and the relay at the same time... and fix my fuel gauge...=)

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1999 Sportage A/T 4WD
987 Posts
No, I am sorry, I do not have that part number, but I found it easily at an automotive electrical parts shop. I have not found that relay type on eBay either; that relay type seems to be quite uncommon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I am sorry, I do not have that part number, but I found it easily at an automotive electrical parts shop. I have not found that relay type on eBay either; that relay type seems to be quite uncommon.

Ok, I guess i just have to install the new pump when it arive, and see if it gets better, shure hope so! =) But, the plastic hoose, that goes from the fuel pump itself to the whole asembly, Do i need to change at the same time?, or is it uasally no problem to just remove it, and put it back on the new pump again?

The white hose you see here:

Thank you! ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys

I guess my fuel pump now is almost dead...Was driving home from work, late evening yesterday... When i tried to get it up in speed, it was making like a "brrr" sound, and some small "puffs"... It have never been that slow in my care. It was even better when it was only running at 3cyl...

I guess the sound was the sound of a to much air, and to less fuel...

Thank god, that ending up ordering i fuel pump from ebay last week...=)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts