Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rondo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum here.
Have a 2012 Rondo with just over 3,000km's and it has developed a squeak in the rear. I was wanting to know if anyone else as experienced this issue, before the dealership gives me the run around.
It is very random, not on all bumps, and it doesn't seem to matter about the outside temperature. Very faint noise when windows are closed, but very noticable when the windows are open.
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
could it be coming from the rear hatch? If so there is adjustable stops on there.

·
Registered
2012 Rondo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my first thought, but that was a no go. So it is at the stealership today and they are thinking it is the rear suspension on the passanger side. So we will see what they have to say.

·
Registered
2012 Rondo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So got the car back on Friday afternoon after the dealership had it for two days. It turned out to be the way that the emergancy brake lines were ran to the rear tires, and attached.
However, now I have more damage done to my vehicle than I would have done in a year of owning it, thanks to the dealership. The front bumper needs to be repainted, one mag is chipped, ripped rear seat, front tint needs to be redone (scratched and dirt underneath), adhesive needs to be removed from rear hatch.
So I will loose driving it for another two days while they try and repair all the above damages now.

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo EX V6
20 Posts
So got the car back on Friday afternoon after the dealership had it for two days. It turned out to be the way that the emergancy brake lines were ran to the rear tires, and attached.
However, now I have more damage done to my vehicle than I would have done in a year of owning it, thanks to the dealership. The front bumper needs to be repainted, one mag is chipped, ripped rear seat, front tint needs to be redone (scratched and dirt underneath), adhesive needs to be removed from rear hatch.
So I will loose driving it for another two days while they try and repair all the above damages now.
Jesus, were they having a disco in it? Or am I misunderstanding. It sounds like the Dealer did all this to your car.

·
Registered
2012 Rondo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, you are reading right. The dealership, or whoever was doing the tint work did all the damage. So I will hopefully be getting it back in better shape tonight.

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo EX V6
20 Posts
Yeesh! I would kill them. The very first service after we bought ours (May 2008) the mechanic got grease prints on the ceiling on the drivers side. I talked to the rep who sold us the car and asked if this was the type of service I could expect. He had the car detailed for me (KIA of St Catharines has a detail shop next door to them)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts