Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

So all was working well until the other day. Ceed 3 SW 2009.

The radio doesn't work
If I pull out and replace the fuse then the radio works fine
If I insert the key turn ignition on the radio still works.
If I turn the radio off, remove the key and reinsert key the radio no longer works
No matter what I do the radio will not come on.

That is until I pull the fuse and re insert it. Then it works fine again until ignition us switched on and off again.

So the radio works fine when it can actually power on but it only powers on once per cycle of fuse pulling!

Electrical fault? Our audio system fault? Out of warranty on audio but maybe electrical fault still be covered??

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
You're out of luck.
The crappy units that came with our cars had all sorts of problems. Maybe some independent service can check it and try to fix it, but it's a chance that it will break again in the future...

·
Registered
78 Posts
If I turn the radio off, remove the key and reinsert key the radio no longer works
No matter what I do the radio will not come on.
You have to turn on the radio with its on/off button if you turned the radio off with its on/off button.

ignition is on, radio is on -> ignition off -> radio remains paired with igniton and radio will go on/off with ignition

ignition is on, radio is on -> radio off with on/off button -> radio will be unpaired with ignition
- ignition off -> you can turn on/off radio with its on/off button (you don't need the ignition key)
- ignition off, radio off -> ignition on -> you have to turn on the radio with its on/off button

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi just wondering if you found a solution to the problem.

I have the exact same issue and cant get it working without pulling out the fuse like you say.

what makes things worse the battery is dying on me all of a sudden

1 - 4 of 4 Posts