Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX, 2016 Kia Sorento EX V6
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 SX and am very happy with the sound quality when using a USB drive in the USB slot. The satellite radio sound absolutely sucks, but that's another topic.

Has anyone used the random function to play songs on a USB drive (premium stereo with nav package)? I have noticed it actually isn't random and plays the same songs and misses a bunch of songs, it seems to play only certain ones. I unplug it, plug it back in and select random and forward through to the next songs and it always plays the same ones.

I have tried not using folders, so all songs are listed in the root folder. As best I can tell, it might have something to do with the actual title of the song (something to do with having a number in the title of the song).

Interested if anyone else has this problem. If so, I hope an update comes soon.
Thanks

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
I have the UVO system and my random works great for my USB flash-drive, so not sure if my system works similar to yours.

Did you select some specific folder prior to the random, so that its only playing random within that selection? e.g: you can select an artist and have it play random just on those tracks of that artist.
I can't see track titles have any bearing on the problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the UVO system and my random works great for my USB flash-drive, so not sure if my system works similar to yours.

Did you select some specific folder prior to the random, so that its only playing random within that selection? e.g: you can select an artist and have it play random just on those tracks of that artist.
I can't see track titles have any bearing on the problem.
I removed all the folders from the usb drive. Just one big list of all the songs. Maybe I'll try reloading them onto the usb drive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have Xenon kit installed?
Xenon headlights? No, everything is stock. It still does it, even if I unplug the usb drive, delete or add a few songs and plug it back in and hit random it cycles through the same songs in the same order.

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
Personally i don't use random function,but i remember reading on another kia forum people complaining about it. It boiled down to certain kia radios are pre programmed with specific order of played songs when random is selected. Dumb.

·
Registered
2011 LX Sportage AWD Mineral/Silver; 2008 Suzuki Burgman 650
63 Posts
Cool post and great feedback. How do you select random function any way?

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
43 Posts
Pretty Funny Topic!! And I thought it was just my system. I have over 6000 songs on my 32gb usb and damned to hell my system will continually play the same set of songs on random play. I am glad that the "next" button is located on the steering wheel....

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
The USB on the Kia Ceed suffers exactly the same problem that random is actually predictable. Its a well known fault on many Kia audio systems.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The USB on the Kia Ceed suffers exactly the same problem that random is actually predictable. Its a well known fault on many Kia audio systems.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using AutoGuide App
Thanks for the feedback. You would think they would send out an update to fix the problem by now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts